The Clubhouse has engaged a new Mentor this term to deliver a game creation program called Game Design Unplugged. The Game Design Unplugged workshops will teach participants about the processes involved in concepting, designing and play testing, while guiding them to make their own card or board game!
- learn about basic game elements
- learn about Bartle’s ‘taxonomy of players’ model
- brainstorm ideas based on the given theme
- make prototypes and test it amongst the team
- learn how to write the game’s rules
- practice giving and receiving feedback
- play test the groups’ games
- review, redesign, and replay their game
- play test some more
- learn where to go to for help moving forward
- attend a celebration excursion to Game Plus to see other game developers in action and play test their games!
If your child is interested in participating in this program, please get in contact with the Clubhouse Coordinator, AnnieLea.Rowley@ywca-canberra.org.au. Here are the dates for the program, and please note that this will be a closed group and the Clubhouse will not be open as a drop-in service.
- Thursday 16 May, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursday 23 May, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 29 May, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 5 June, 3:00pm – 5:30pm