The YWCA Canberra Clubhouse provides young people with a unique opportunity to experience industry standard technologies, participate in STEAM activities and work alongside adult mentors, ultimately developing the skills and attributes necessary to create a brighter future.
With the essential support of our cross-sector partners, volunteers, Tuggeranong community, and our dedicated staff, our members now have access to cutting edge technology, industry mentors and a supportive environment that fosters their creativity and independent learning almost every week of the year.
Watch our video to see some of the highlights from the past year.
Our impact studies show that our members report the engagement with the Clubhouse has increased the likelihood they will finish school, and pursue further studies or careers in STEAM.
By contributing whatever you can afford, you will help young people at risk of disengaging from school to connect with adult mentors to develop new skills, explore their own ideas, and build confidence in themselves using technology, which can lead to future employment and training opportunities.
Every dollar helps! Here are some examples of how your gift makes a difference:
- $50 – will send a YWCA Canberra Clubhouse member on a personal development style excursion, such as International Women’s Day at BiG Day in
- $150 – will sponsor the YWCA Canberra Clubhouse for a day
- $250 – will sponsor a day-long Clubhouse STEAM focused workshop
- $500 – will support our school-holiday program for resources and activities for 1 week
- $1000 – will support the resources for a term project in a school for up to 10 young people
- $3000 – will help us send a Canberra Clubhouse member to the international Clubhouse teen summit in Boston, USA
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.