(Originally published on the YWCA Canberra blog.) Mieka Vigilante is a Director of Fashion for FASHFEST – what she calls, “the business of dreams”. FASHFEST, a Canberra-based fashion show now in its fourth year, aims to cultivate modern, emerging fashion, design and creative talent. FASHFEST has a focus on encouraging participation from young people, either as fashion students […]
Dr Sarah Pearson has had a fascinating career understanding the universe, meddling with confectionary, solving cancer and consulting to business. She is passionate about science and innovation, and now leads the Canberra Innovation Network. Clubhouse volunteer, Emily, spoke with her to find out about how science led her on this path, and how physics is linked to chocolate.
Erica Hediger is one busy, inspirational, robot-making, workshop-running, creative entrepreneur. She talks here about the programs she runs, the importance of incorporating artistic design with electronics, and the path she took to get where she is now. The Creative Element, Erica’s business, is based out of the Canberra Innovation Network. The Creative Element combines science, […]
- Winter School Holiday Program July 23, 2020
- Can you beat a computer in scissors, paper, rock? November 19, 2019
- National Science Week Open Day September 12, 2019
- What’s Your Reality’s Visit to the Legislative Assembly July 12, 2019
- Game Design Unplugged – Creating a Tabletop Game June 20, 2019